Dear Missionary Families,
Here are some instructions that will help you to access our mission blog (like an online journal) and also some photo albums on the internet containing photos taken at the mission home and on our visits to the areas of our missions. We have been asked to not make it look like an official blog from the church so we named it “Lovells in Argentina”.
Mission Blog: The mission blog is public (doesn’t require a password). Just go to this address: http://lovellsinargentina.blogspot.com.
I will update the blog as often as I can. I am excited to share some of some of the things that are happening here in our wonderful mission.
TOP MENU – In the horizontal menu at the top of the web page, you will find the “Home” button (Click here to return to the main page at any time), Blog Instructions, Letters/Packages, Missionary Photos, and Area Photos.
- The Blog Instructions is a copy of this letter for future reference if necessary.
- The Letters/Packages link contains instructions and important information for mailing letters and packages to you missionary. Make sure you read this.
- The Missionary Photos link will take you to a list of photo albums I have added to the website. They contain pictures I have taken at the mission home or on our travels to visit our missionaries. When you click on any of these albums, you can just look at the photos, download the entire album, or download individual pictures. To download the entire album, click on More in the top-right corner and then select Download Album. To download an individual photo at its original file size, click on the photo to open it. Underneath the photo click on options, then click on Download Full Size.
- The Area Photos link will take to you to a list of photo albums for each area of the mission. Some of our missionaries wanted to share pictures of the areas they are serving in so that their families would know what it is like here. Only a few areas are shown now, but the list will grow as missionaries share pictures they have taken.
SIDEBAR - In the vertical menu on the right side, you will find an Email Subscription field, a Translation tool, and some other helpful things like local weather and time for Neuquén, a map of the mission, and the Blog Archive of past posts.
- In Email Subscription field, you can enter your email address if you would like to receive automatic emails whenever anything new is posted to the blog. Next you click the submit button and a new screen will open asking you to type in some words that are a little hard to read. Do that, and click the button that says “Complete Subscription Request”. After you’ve done that, click on the link in the confirmation email that will be sent to you from Feedburner Email Subscriptions. (When you do receive an e-mail telling you there is a new blog post you can click on the title of the blog post and it will take you right to that blog post).
- To use the Translation tool, just click on the downward-facing arrow and select the language.
President and Sister Paul R. Lovell
Argentina Neuquén Mission